Green Screen Conference
Building A Green Agenda For the Digital Signage Industry / Wednesday 2nd February, RAI Amsterdam.
As digital signage networks proliferate and become more extensive, attention is turning to their environmental footprint. Recognising this growing awareness – and the imperative to address the issue of sustainability – The Screen will, for the first time in conjunction with ISE, host GreenScreen, a conference aimed at offering practical steps for companies wishing to align themselves with, and benefit from, the green agenda.
Admission for the morning event is EUR 50 (online pre-registration), but all attendees will automatically be given a free pass to ISE.
09:00 Introduction To GreenScreen / Richard Cobbold, Chairman of The Screen
- ProAV companies will, in the coming years, be installing many billions of dollars of equipment into digital screen media applications. Richard will introduce the Green Screen Initiative and underline the importance of building a credible framework around which to benchmark the green credentials of these technology & implementation choices.
09:15 GreenScreen Panel – the 12Steps
- Ciaran Doran – International Marketing Director,
- Harris Christopher Parker – Product Line Manager, NEC Displays
- Rob Muddiman – International Sales, Magenta Research
- The 12Steps provide the building blocks for the GreenScreen initiative and act as an essential guide to companies looking at getting involved in the digital out-of-home industry and those seeking sustainability accreditation.
10:00 Building A Sustainable Digital Network / Eric Penot – Digital Media Director, JCDecaux
- JCDecaux is the leading digital out-of-home network owner and has announced plans for an unprecedented investment and roll out in digital signage technology. Eric is responsible for JCDecaux’s technology choices and will discuss how the green agenda is affecting his equipment and supplier selection.
10:30 How Technology Can Move The Goalposts / Steve Scorse – Vice President EMEA, Prysm
- Prysm is the name behind a game-changing video wall technology that reduces power consumption to new levels of efficiency. Steve will discuss how the green agenda is affecting the supplier selection and how no companies can afford to ignore the issue.
11:00 – 11:30 GreenScreen Q&A: GreenScreen Panel & Speakers:
- An open panel Q&A session lead by Screen Chairman Richard Cobbold, where the conference speakers and attendees can discuss and debate the issues raised. Richard will also outline how companies can get involved with the GreenScreen initiative and gain accreditation to carry the GreenScreen mark.