- The DBCI had a great success in 2014. To the core market of Germany, Austria and Switzerland and the Polish and Italian markets seven more countries were added in 2015.
Over the year the markets of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg (Benelux), Russia, Spain & Portugal and France all saw their first DBCI surveys. Together with OVAB cooperation partners and research ambassadors like the Club du Digital Media and OoH-TV in France or Roi Iglesias from Spain (CEO Neo Advertising) it was possible to introduce the DBCI in various markets with great success.
The DBCI or OVAB Europe Digital Signage & DooH Business Climate Index is a widely observed early indicator for economic development in the digital signage and digital out of Home industry of the EMEA market region. The DBCI is published bi-monthly. It is based on the responses of the high level management from all relevant companies in the digital signage value chain.
- Amid the current volatile political situation and its economic consequences the digital signage market in Russia has a negative outlook on further growth potential for the first half of 2015
- The tumbling currency exchange rate of the Ruble and a freeze in government financed projects has resulted in many tenders being put under revision or being postponed
- However ¾ of the digital signage market in Russia have registered a growth in revenues in the 2014 compared to the previous year
- Small signage with displays sizes smaller than 32“ in digital signage solutions is a growing trend in Russia / The surveyed companies see the highest potential for small signage (in the retail sector at the Point of Sale
- Retail and malls are also the most important sectors for the market, being responsible for 34% of all revenues generated /Particularly the harsh climatic conditions is the reason for the construction of indoor shopping centers in Russia
- Poland is after Russia the strongest market for digital signage in Central and Eastern Europe
- After exceptional growth in 2013 the digital signage industry found it difficult to sustain a high growth level in 2014, as some of the bigger roll outs were finalised in the first two quarters
- However, many new pilot installations were implemented and the digital signage market saw a constant investments over the whole year
- With over 75% of all revenues generated, the SMB sector has become the most important and dynamic growing sector for the digital signage market
- In Poland price aggressive hardware solutions and entry level signage were particularly successful in 2014