Over the year the markets of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg (Benelux), Russia, Spain & Portugal and France all saw their first DBCI surveys. Together with OVAB cooperation partners and research ambassadors like the Club du Digital Media and OoH-TV in France or Roi Iglesias from Spain (CEO Neo Advertising) it was possible to introduce the DBCI in various markets with great success.
The DBCI or OVAB Europe Digital Signage & DooH Business Climate Index is a widely observed early indicator for economic development in the digital signage and digital out of home industry of the EMEA market region. The DBCI is published bi-monthly. It is based on the responses of the high level management from all relevant companies in the digital signage value chain.
- France is the third biggest market for digital signage and DooH in EMEA
- Steady growth in revenues was recorded since 2013 despite a conservative development in the general economy
- 90% of the polled companies are satisfied or rate their current business climate positive, while 55% expect an even more favourable situation within the next 6 months
- The retail sector is the most important vertical market for digital signage; it generates 22% of all digital signage revenues; it is followed by corporate communication and banking
- Trends are the direct integration of signage in the shop furnishing and the high demand for shop window signage