- The DBCI had a great success in 2014. To the core market of Germany, Austria and Switzerland and the Polish and Italian markets seven more countries were added in 2015.
Over the year the markets of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg (Benelux), Russia, Spain & Portugal and France all saw their first DBCI surveys. Together with OVAB cooperation partners and research ambassadors like the Club du Digital Media and OoH-TV in France or Roi Iglesias from Spain (CEO Neo Advertising) it was possible to introduce the DBCI in various markets with great success.
The DBCI or OVAB Europe Digital Signage & DooH Business Climate Index is a widely observed early indicator for economic development in the digital signage and digital out of home industry of the EMEA market region. The DBCI is published bi-monthly. It is based on the responses of the high level management from all relevant companies in the digital signage value chain.
- France is the third biggest market for digital signage and DooH in EMEA
- Steady growth in revenues was recorded since 2013 despite a conservative development in the general economy
- 90% of the polled companies are satisfied or rate their current business climate positive, while 55% expect an even more favourable situation within the next 6 months
- The retail sector is the most important vertical market for digital signage; it generates 22% of all digital signage revenues; it is followed by corporate communication and banking
- Trends are the direct integration of signage in the shop furnishing and the high demand for shop window signage