Over the year the markets of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg (Benelux), Russia, Spain & Portugal and France all saw their first DBCI surveys. Together with OVAB cooperation partners and research ambassadors like the Club du Digital Media and OoH-TV in France or Roi Iglesias from Spain (CEO Neo Advertising) it was possible to introduce the DBCI in various markets with great success.
The DBCI or OVAB Europe Digital Signage & DooH Business Climate Index is a widely observed early indicator for economic development in the digital signage and digital out of home industry of the EMEA market region. The DBCI is published bi-monthly. It is based on the responses of the high level management from all relevant companies in the digital signage value chain.
Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- The DBCI started very positive in 2014, but it lost some momentum from the second quarter onwards. Still it constantly scored in the upper positive range.
- With over 50% of all revenues generated, the SMB sector has become the most important and dynamic growing sector for the digital signage market.
- The last 12 months recorded a high customer demand for entry-level products, mobile integration, small signage and interactivity at the PoS.
- 4k will have only a low impact in 2015. The polled companies expect only a 5% to 10% market share for UHD digital signage projects.
- The digital out of home market again recorded a very good year with gross advertising revenues growing between 20% and 30%.
- Steady growth over the full year 2013 and a very strong year-on-year showing of the first two quarters in 2014 has been driving the digital signage and DooH market.
- However, the rest of the year has seen some volatility, as approximately 20% of the market participants recorded lower total revenues compared to the previous year.
- With over 60% of all revenues generated, the SMB sector has become the most important and dynamic growing sector for the digital signage market.
- Big roll-outs with more than 100 displays are still very rare. The slow investments particularly of the blue chip companies had a dampening effect for most large scale digital signage projects.
- Increasing demand for interactive and “engaging” solution is strengthening the high demand for specialized integration and content creation services and products.