Digital Signage Summit MENA (16th November 2015 // Conrad Hotel Dubai, UAE) is the leading strategy conference for the Digital Signage and Digital out of Home (DooH) industry in Middle East and North Africa. The makers behind DSS are Integrated Systems Events and invidis consulting – two leading experts with a proven track record.
- The Installations initiative features 12 site-specific works by international designers, artists and architects which will be positioned at strategic locations around the city of Dubai. Four of them are must-visit video installations for digital signage experts.Many of the installations will receive their world premiere at Dubai Design Week. After the event, many will remain in situ, acting as urban landmarks for the Dubai of the future; others will be rotated around the city to introduce them to different audiences and alternative contexts.
- A Place to Departure – is an interactive installation allowing people to interact remotely with each other by touch, despite their distance.
- Fragments of ‘Now’ – Reflections of the Immediate Past installs a new kind of mirror that reflects the moment of ‘now’. A series of mirrors simultaneously reflect glimpses of passing time, counting back from ‘now,’ to seconds into the past. The shifting reflections question the observer and his connection to the present moment.
- Nervous Structure – is a site-specific interactive installation that consists of a sculpture composed of vertical and parallel elastic cord strings that are illuminated with a computer-generated video projection of lines.
- Sound weaving straddles art, handcraft, design and music, equally stimulating all senses, and calling for interaction. Using various media, the project works with multi-level transformatory methods balancing between the analogue and the digital, mapping visual and aural cultures.
Dubai Design Week premiers this month 26-31 October 2015, destined to place Dubai on the map as a leading design hub as a platform for international and regional designers and brands. The annual event encompasses culture, education and entertainment, spanning multiple disciplines of design, from graphic and product design to architecture and industrial design.
The event is established by Art Dubai Group in partnership with Dubai Design District (d3) and under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice Chairman, Dubai Culture & Arts Authority. Dubai Design Week is also supported by Dubai Design and Fashion Council and Dubai Culture & Arts Authority.
d3 is the newest of TECOM Group’s vibrant creative communities, with 11 buildings making up the core of the site already delivered and being handed over to tenants By 2019, d3 will boast a 1.8km esplanade running alongside the Dubai Creek, which is where international and design led hotels, a pop-up shop area, and an amphitheatre will all be located.