At ISE the Sports Facility Integration Summit will take place on 12 February 2015 at 9.30 a.m. in room E102. A well-known industry figure whose project credits include the Millennium Dome (O2) and the Olympic Games, Hemming has partnered with sports broadcast trade association SVG Europe to devise and chair a busy programme intended to help all stakeholders engaged in venue technology projects to find out more about each other’s roles and responsibilities.
Other confirmed speakers:
- George Douglas, AVI-SPL
- Paul Depperschmidt, Cisco
- Marc Kocks, Sales-All
- Andreas Hildebrand, ALC NetworX
- Jon Berry, RG Jones
- Richard Northwood, RH Consulting
- Bob Snyder, Channel Media Europe
- 9.30-10:00 Networking & Coffee
- 10:00-10:10 Welcome Message From Event Chair
- 10:10-10:30 What Makes A Stadium?
- 10:30-11:00 The Role of the Stadium Consultant
- 11:00-11:40 The Great Convergence: AV, IT and the New Networked World
- 11:40-12:00 Networking & Coffee
- 12:00-12:30 Audio Integrators Discuss Landmark Facility Projects
- 12:30-12:55 Closing Keynote: EURO2020 and The Future of the Sports Venue
- 12:55-13:00 Closing Remarks From Event Chair
- 13:00 Networking & Drink
Specific sessions will include a panel of audio integrators discussing the impact of recent regulatory changes and increased visitor expectations on projects including Twickenham Stadium, London and the London 2012 venues, and an examination by Hemming himself of the primary stages involved in the development of such landmark sports venues as Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi and Lord’s Cricket Ground in London.
“The real purpose of this summit is for all the different groups of people involved in a stadium to have a better understanding of what each other does,” says Hemming. “What steps can be taken to make the process smoother? What happens when the broadcaster turns up with its OB truck… do they have a clear appreciation of what went on to make the venue broadcast-ready? This summit will provide some valuable answers.”
There will also be an in-depth examination of the increased convergence between AV and IT infrastructures, as well as a closing keynote about the future of the sports stadium from Dimitri Huygen (ESSMA).
The summit is free to attend!
For more information and to register, please click here.